Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"I'm sorry officer.. I didn't know I couldn't do that."

So the Cowgirls are going cellular! The girls and I just returned from a great trip to Jacksonville where we spent two full days shooting exclusive pictures and recording ringbacks and ringtones for many different cellular companies. Soon you will be able to share our school spirit and download these pics, videos and audio straight to your cellphone. And trust me.. they are hot. Really hot. Really REALLY hot.

We shot the majority of the pics in studio, but most of the fun was had on the beach at Ponte Vedra, FL. Allison, CJ and I got to ride horses down the beach... well.. walk.. oh.. whatever. I have never claimed to be a horse whisperer, but at least my horse wasn't as crazy as CJ's, who spent the majority of the time riding around in circles. Allison's was a little more well behaved, but was not enjoying having his picture taken. And all of the horses must have enjoyed their fiber that day, because they all decided to share it with us at one point or another during the shoot. So don't think that riding horses up and down the beach is all beautiful and romantic. Don't get me wrong it was a great experience, but having to watch out for horse "pies" the rest of the day didn't necessarily constitute a good time for me.

Once the horses left, we spent the rest of the evening playing in the waves. I know you're thinking "waves" in Florida, but seriously, some of them were pretty intense, especially when you weren't prepared for them. The shot would be all set, then the wave would come crashing in, and make us fall flat on are butts, or completely soak us in the face. With none of us weighing more than a buck ten.. we might as well have been plankton. And forget about hair and make up. I'm really glad the "wet rat" look is "so hot right now."

Then it was off to the showers, well, the beach showers anyway. So apparently wearing thongs is illegal in Jacksonville, because we had been at the outdoor shower for maybe ten minutes when several police cars converged on our shoot. The only words that could come to my mind were those of Dave Chappelle..."I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that." Oh well, they seemed nice enough and let us off with a warning. Needless to say that ended our last session for the day. There's never a dull moment though with the three of us, something exciting is always happening. LOL. We went home that night completely exhausted. And Allison got her chocolate cake. So all were happy.

The next day was much of the same as far as pictures go, but we also got to spend some time recording ringtones and ringbacks. I even got to test my singing abilities. Dear lord, I pray they lose that one. The fight song has never sounded so scary. It's one thing when there are 80,000 of your closest friends singing it with you, but when you are doing it yourself.. not quite as intimidating. Oh well. We tried.

The next few weeks are going to be insane. Not only is college football season right around the corner, I also have a lot of exciting projects coming up. For starters, to get my tailgating skills up to par, I am hosting a college night at Tampa's Tropicana Field, home to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, on Friday, August 18th. For updated details, check out my news page. All college students who sit in the special designated student section receive a free beer with their ticket stub and valid ID. Other great specials too!!!Should be a blast. Hope to see you there!!

Also, make sure you look for updates on where the Cowgirls will be, especially week one when Florida State takes on the Miami Hurricanes. With UM's Moss suspended, it should be an especially interesting match up this year. You can read more about my predictions in my latest SI.com article. The new one comes out Wednesday 8/16, so be sure to catch up on your reading at the office.

We're really excited about this upcoming FSU Football season!!! And we hope you are too. The partying starts in Tally on Thursday 8/31 before the big game at Big Daddy's on the Tennessee strip. Then we saddle up and head on down to South Beach to show those Hurricanes how we do' in Tally. So, Wear Garnet Darn It!!!.. And we hope to see you at the Orange!!!...

--Much love, Jenn

Ps. For all those that have written me these past weeks, I can't express how much it has meant to me. It's nice to know that people care about what's going on in my life, and that I have friends out there that will support me no matter what. Thanks again.

Admin note: Pics to come later tonight....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings, Jenn. Reading that you will be in Tampa, I regret that I moved from there recently. I lived there for almost two years and I loved it which begs the question "Why did you leave?" which is something I have been asking myself to no avail. lol. The stuff about your photoshoot was hilarious. Does it always go like that? Horses have an idealistic appeal from a distance but it is easy to forget that they have to go to the bathroom too. lol. But really, I read once that horses are the first animals in the evolutionary chain that can form and retain mental images so they are quite intelligent. I hope that the projects that you are involved with are and will be ultimately fulfilling for you. It is obvious that you are working very hard and I hope that you are and continue to be justly rewarded. Though I don't know you personally there are important impressions and revelations a person can receive from someone through this medium and since I began reading your blog it has become more and more clear to me that you are a rare person of unique authenticity and quality--those are precious 'commodities' in this world, a world that eerily seems to lack depth. Thank you for sharing your life with us, Jenn. It means a great deal and adds to the light that illuminates hope. Peace always.

~Jon.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...umkay, cue the theme from "Psycho"!



Jen, love your pics and words! No agenda here.